Course Name: Internet of Things (3 Cr.)
Course Code: CACS460
Class Load: 5 Hrs./ Week (Theory: 3Hrs. Practical: 2 Hrs.)
The course, Internet of Things, introduces basics of IoT. It covers introductions of IoT, Devices and platfo1m for developing IoT Systems, Design methodology, Data Analytics for IoT, Servers & Cloud offering and IoT system security.
The objective of this course is to introduce the students about the principles, techniques, development and applications of IoT System.
Unit 1: Introduction to IoT 8 Hrs
- Definition and Characteristics of IoT.
- Physical and Logical Design of IoT.
- IoT Enabled Technologies
- IoT and M2M
- Domain Specific IoTs: Home Automation, Cities, Environment, Energy, Retail, Logistics, Agriculture Industry, Health and Lifestyle.
Unit 2: Sensor, Actuators and Interfacing 18 Hrs.
- Roles of Sensors and actuators, Types of sensors: Active and passive, analog and digital, Contact and no-contact, Absolute and relative
- Working of sensors: Position, occupancy and motion, velocity and acceleration, force, pressure, flow, Acoustic, Humidity, light, radiation, temperature, chemical, biosensor, camera.
- Development boards: Arduino and Raspberry PI installation, interfacing and programming using python.
Unit 3: IoT Platform Design Methodology 6 Hrs
Case Study on IoT System for Weather Monitor
Unit 4: Data and Analytics for IoT 10 Hrs
- An Introduction to Data Analytics for IoT
- Machine Learning
- Big Data Analytics Tools and Technology
- Edge Streaming Analytics
- Network Analytics
Unit 5: IoT Physical Servers and Cloud Offering 3 Hrs
Cloud storage models and Communication APIs of IoT Systems
Unit 6: Securing IoT Systems 3 Hrs
- IoT Security Challenges
- IoT System’s Security Practices
Implement the concept mentioned in the course using Python as a programming language, Arduino or Raspberry pi as a System board. All sensors mentioned in course should be implemented in a single project or separately to observe their working mechanism.
- ArshdeepBahga, Vijay Madisetti, ” Internet of Things (A Hands-on-Approach)”, University Press India Pvt. Ltd., 2015.
- David Hanes, Gonzalo Salgueiro, Patrick Grossetete, Ro be rt Barton, Jerome Henry,”IoT Fundamentals: Networking Technologies, Protocols, and Use Cases for the Internet of Things”, Pearson Education (Cisco Press Indian Reprint).
- Raj Kamal, “Internet of Things: Architecture and Design Principles”, McGraw Hill Education, 2017.
- Gary Smart, “Practical Python Programming for IoT”, ISBN- I 0: 1838982469
- Gaston C. Hillar Internet of Things with Python, ISBN-JO: 1785881388
To download full Syllabus CLICK HERE