Facing Difficulty in studying? Want to increase your reading hours?
If you study just a night before the examination or assignment due-date then this is the first mistake that you have been making. It’s never too early – or too late – to develop good study habits. The sooner you get into a good study groove, the easier everything will be and the more your chances of getting good marks will improve.
So we have come up with few effective studying tips so that you don’t spoil your exams anymore.
- Pickup a proper time and place
Everybody has their own ideas and preference regarding the study place and time. Some find it easy to study on their study-table in the bedroom at night while some prefer staying at the library during the noon. Know yourself and plan your place and time accordingly.
- Study Regularly
Study every day. There is a huge difference between updating your mind with little with little knowledge every day and overloading your brain with everything overnight just before the exam.
Depending on what kind of person you are set your study time whether in the morning or the evening for around two hours or according to your availability.
If you’re finding it hard to find time to study, cut back on some (but not all!) of your other activities. Depending on your daily habits prioritizing study might mean spending less time online, or giving weekend sport a miss for a while.
- Plan your time
Planning time helps to make the most out of your study time.
- Set Alarm– Setting alarm reminds you of your study time. You can also set pre-study reminders so that you can free yourself from whatever you are doing before your study hours.
- Wall Planner– You can make schedules or calendar and stick it on your study table or wall so that you prevent yourself from forgetting your priorities.
- Make ‘To-Do-List’– Develop a habit of making to-do-list every day and check the completed tasks. This helps you to synchronize yourself properly.
- Set Time Limits– Before starting your study session, go through your to-do-list and set your time limits so that you can complete any other related tasks or assignment, if any.
- Discover your learning style
Almost everybody has their own preferred way of learning things. Know the most comfortable and confident way for yourself. There’s no compulsion that you should have only one way of learning. These are the most popular learning styles.
- Auditory Learning is the method where you learn by listening. Try reading your notes aloud or discuss with other people. You can also make recording of the key-points and play them back.
- Visual Learning is where you can learn by seeing. Make notes using different colour pens and diagrams. You can also make notes as diagrams. You can also watch YouTube tutorials for learning purpose.
- Tactile/ kinesthetic Learning is the method where you learn things by doing it. Try learning techniques such as model building to revise keypoints.
- Review and Revise
You can revise the things that you have learned so far at least once a week. This can help you to keep track of everything you have studied.
- Take Break
It is very essential to take break between your study hours. Working for too long straight can make you frustrated and decrease your performance. 10-15 minutes break each hour is genuine.
- Ask for Help
If you are stuck one something or if something doesn’t seem making sense to you feel free to ask for help. You can consult your teacher, friend, online fourms, etc.
- Stay Motivated
Always keep yourself motivated. Lacking motivation you cannot take anything for long. Seek for motivation.
You could also decorate your study space with inspirational quotes or photos of people you admire and family members you want to make proud of you.
- Look after yourself
You’ll study better if you take care of yourself. Make sure you eat well and get enough sleep and physical exercise. Do not reward yourself with too much sugar or fatty snacks or push yourself to study late into the night. It’s also a good idea to make sure you drink lots of water when you’re studying.
You can always come up with your own way of studying which will bring the most out of you. You can seek ideas from your family, friends, teachers or anyone around you.